Who We Are
Georgella Muirhead, APR
FOUNDER OF COUNSEL
- What do you do for Van Dyke Horn? I offer strategic counsel and support for a variety of VDH’s Detroit-based clients.
- What are some highlights from your previous experience? I helped mold Berg Muirhead and Associates to be one of the region’s leading public relations agencies. The agency has executed communications campaigns tailored to meet the needs of more than 150 clients from a diverse group of industries. Before forming Berg Muirhead with Bob Berg, I served 24 years as a government public relations administrator in the cities of Ann Arbor, East Lansing, Southfield and Detroit, as well as operated Georgella Muirhead Communications, Inc.
- How do you support the community? I was a former board member of the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History and the Detroit Public Television station WTVS-Channel 56.
- One of your top career achievements: In 2004, I served as project manager and spokesperson for the Detroit Democratic Presidential Debate and, in 2008, I served as spokeswoman for the Congressional Black Caucus Institute’s Myrtle Beach Democratic Presidential Debate.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations from Wayne State University
- Favorite quote: “Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble.” – Rep. John Lewis